In 2013, I explored urban sites that retain signs of past or historical periods.
– In Prince George, while photographing some lumber mills, I came across the CN truss rail bridge over the Fraser River, built in 1914 by the Grand Trunk Pacific Railway.
– On Iona Beach in Richmond, I found old pilings which might be from a long abandoned fish cannery.
– Along River Road in Richmond by the Fraser River, I photographed derelict structures scattered among old and new residential houses or condominiums, and small companies such as shipyards.
– In Burnaby on Hastings Street at Stratford Avenue, I located an abandoned fast food joint
– I had to go and photograph the historic 2400 Motel, a 65-unit motor court built in 1946, on Kingsway in Vancouver, when I heard the rumor that it had recently been sold to make way for new development.
– Florence Debeugny
All photographs, videos and soundtracks in this website are the intellectual
property of Florence Debeugny.
Please contact Florence Debeugny by e-mail at email@example.com
© Florence Debeugny 2013-2020